Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Day 4


DAY 

Day 4 started out a little later than normal. It had rained the night before and again that morning so I didn't get started walking until about 10:30. However, the rain had cooled things off about 15 degrees, and there was very little wind. The night before, when we got to our host's home, I felt really weak and sluggish and a little faint at one moment. Our host was a pastor and I had already arranged to speak at their Wednesday evening service for Voice of the Martyrs.  (VOM can be found at  persecution.com ) I even had to ask to sit while speaking, which I have only done once, while on crutches 5 years ago. Well, here is the reason I felt so bad.




Having been slowed down by the heat and wind, our planned host home for that Wed. night was past where I stopped for the day, so Judy had to backtrack back north to bring me to Bradford to start my trip for the day. On the way north, we almost ran over a rather large turtle right in the middle of our lane of traffic. It was laying upside down, kicking. Judy joked that if I saw it later, to make sure I helped it upright. My thoughts were that by that time, he would be only about a half inch thick and not still kicking. 

But, before I got close to where he was, I stopped at a building supply store for a rest on their porch. I spoke to the lady salesperson and she didn't want to talk on video but was sure her boss would, if he ever got off the phone. He never did. So I told her goodbye and started to leave. She handed me $5 and said to go down the hill to the store and get me a good sandwich. I did not refuse her offer. This was one of many offers I will talk about later. 

Well, when I got to the store, I found this, sitting on the table inside


The clerk explained that she found it in the middle of the road that morning. It was much smaller than the one we saw, but possibly of the same family. 

The lady I had spoken to was from India and she said she would be glad to share her story on video about how she and her family got to the states. But she asked me to wait ten minutes because she was about to get off of her shift and she would be free after that. Well, I waited, and waited......and waited.
Almost thirty minutes. I went back up to her and asked if she was about to get off and she frantically said, 'We are $40 off on our register and I have to find it." No interview that morning.

Later in the day, while coming into Milan, I stepped into the lobby of a truck accessory and repair shop for a break. In the corner of the room I found this, something I don't think I have ever seen in my almost 60 years. 

A display of used dipsticks for sale. 

Comments are certainly welcome. If you have ever lived in or visited one of the towns I walked through, tell everybody. If you know someone I met along the way, tell everyone. If something really touches you, well....scratch it. NO, tell everybody. Let this be interactive. Make any comments at the comments tab at the bottom of each page on the blog. But you have to go to the blog. 60Trip.blogspot.com 

sixtytrip@juno.com


Also, when you get to YouTube, hit the 'subscribe' button. 


Day 4 map--Bradford to Milan

No comments:

Post a Comment