Monday, September 9, 2019

William the 'walker/biker'

On day one, I mentioned William, who we almost ran over on our trip west about 20-25 miles east of my walking route. I caught up with him at the Martin, Tn McDonald's along with his dog, who I think I misnamed earlier. William had found out some bad 'family' news and was just about to head back south to Dothan, Alabama. He made it to the Walmart to redo his supplies and then head back south.

William saw I was totally worn out from the walk already. And he offered me four things. His hat, a hand full of change, a hamburger. These I refused, though I did eat with him inside.What I did take that he offered was a small $2 patch kit. I used it on day 8. Thanks, William.

 I e-mailed William shortly after getting to Mississippi and he had already made it back to Dothan. It's amazing how much more distance you can make a day on bike as opposed to walking. 

So, here is my talk with William the Walker/Biker  (sorry I am a horrible videographer and it was cut short)



Click here if it does not show up

No comments:

Post a Comment