Monday, August 5, 2019

1st Interview, drunk drivers

I promised you, my followers, to try to get 4 or 5 interviews on each day of my walk. Well.......it didn't quite work out that way. But I do have 9 or 10 of them. And no, none of them will win any kind of awards. So here we go.

This first one was not really on my trip, but two weeks before. One morning I was just completing a good 4 mile practice walk ending up with breakfast at Burger King. As I was parking my cart outside, I noticed this man getting out of his car, very slowly. He needed help from his son just to take a step onto the curb.

I looked up and smiled and the man made a comment about how hard it was growing old. I could tell he was several years younger than me and was wondering what had brought him to this point in life.

Before we got in the front door, I found out. I felt so sorry for him, I bought him and his son breakfast, ate with him and then filmed this.


Click here for Tony and Drunk driving

The next day, Tony called me just to confirm that he had had to go to the doctor to take his cortisone shot. It usually lasts about one month, so every 30 days, because of a drunk driver, Tony has to endure this.

So....If you do happen to be a drinker, do it at home, do it responsibly. Don't create another victim like Tony, his son, and certainly his first wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment